Smart Goals, Smart Objectives and Smart Criteria.
We have been asked “What do you mean by SMART Tips” on many occasions. It is a common question in support conversions. The immediate assumption is that we are using AI, learning algorithms, or clever mathematics. Well, we openly admit that we do all of the above, by that is not what we mean by SMART Tips or SMART Goals.
The origin of the term *SMART Tips In the context of the Paradox SEO Service, Smart in an acronym for Specific, Measurable Achievable, Relevant and Timely. We can’t claim credit for this clever term. It is a Management Term and originates from a paper by George T. Doran called There’s a S.M.A.R.T. way to write management’s goals and objectives. This is a good synopys of Smart Goals and Objectives on this articles titles Smart Criteria
Smart Goals and the Three O’s
The process behind Paradox SEO is focused on objectives i.e. your SEO Goals. The software uses the outputs from our data, research and analysis. An output is a measure of something such as a KPI, Metric or raw organic search visitor numbers.
In order to provide you with the most appropriate set of advice, we compare outputs to outcomes. We are always coding research into the ranking patterns, SEO correlations and so on. The outcome of each change or group of similar changes is used to value the effectiveness of the our SEO recommendations.
This is made possibly through your interaction with the platform – e.g, marking task as complete, or giving items the thumbs up.
Smart Tips in the the of Paradox SEO an your Goals
In the context of Paradox SEO, while we do uses some learning algorithms and has some Artificial Intelligence experts on the team, this is not what we are referring to.In order to help you to realise your SEO goals, our *SMART Tips are generated using rules, logic and triggers. These SMART Tips are;
- Specific and unambiguous and we constantly update our advice based on feedback from users.
- Provide Measurable benefit in the form of an output. We avoid wishy-washy values that add uncertainty to the path ahead.
- Are advice is always achievable and we even provide estimated cost and time frames base on our own experience.
- Relevant to your business and website is also an important part of our service. If you are a small business, there is no point in providing you with SEO advice that relates Blue Chip such as Reuters newswire process. If you are a local accountant, photographer or garage, it worked be silly to show you how to use Intellectual Property such as patents to influence your rankings.
- And we even prioritise these for you base on ROI and whether the are dependant or have dependancies an other tasks – i.e. they are Timely.
I hope that this clears up and ambiguity relating to the us log the terms SMART. Our next article will discuss what what we mean by CLEVER.